Thursday, April 23, 2015

Poetry: Queen of Diamonds

http://goo.gl/u0TmMN


We're getting close to the end of April! Soon it won't be National Poetry Month, what am I going to do with my time???

...

Write poetry of course!

So today's NaPoWriMo prompt was to choose a random card from a deck and free write about it and then convert the free write into a poem. Some how I ended up with the Queen of Diamonds...So I decided to write a sonnet in honor of her awesomeness. Here you go...


Queen of Diamonds
By Brittany M.
 
Contained within me the reddest mirrors,
Concave with four sharp points, a weapon thus
Summons images of my foes clearer
And lures and persuades them without fuss.
My judgment as beautiful and as cold
As carbon found in the grayest of caves
And any who dare look upon me too bold
Will grieve the shadows of an early grave.
My sire more divine than any before,
King of diamonds hard and unyielding,
And written in our history’s lore
I am by his side, never conceding.
We greet our gods as equals in the stars
Our bodies diamonds eternal in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment