Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Poem: A Loss for Words #the100dayproject Day 77


A Loss for Words

We don’t know what we don’t want to know.
The world spins on what it doesn’t know.
The tail spins the pins and pivots to find
What I’m trying to find; we are in competition.
Something has hidden my brain
And inside of me, something tries to disappear
A good something, a blank and desperate something.
The remembering is not renumbering the tilt
Into language, the lips jittering outward.
Words escape my tongue, as if I try to read
The patterns in the cross sections of trees,
It all escapes inside of an escape.
My nagging heart is a byproduct of forgetting,
If only I could monetize my tip of the tongue despair,
Find a needle in this complex body,
I know I must look inside my brain to find it,
Poked in there, hiding like a pin on a map,
Flagging all to see that this place here,
The name escapes me, but I was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment