Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Day 22 #napowrimo - day 16 #the100dayproject - Ghazal


I'm on prompt today by borrowing a Hindi phrase and crafting a ghazal around it.

जंगल मेँ मोर नाचा किसने देखा? (jangal mein mor naca kisne dekha)

Direct translation: Peacock danced in the forest, who saw?

Ghazal

I combed my fingers through your hair as you slept
and a peacock danced in the forest, who saw?

I washed the floors and cleaned the dishes
and a bear danced in the forest, who saw?

I fluffed your pillows and hung up your suits
and a tiger danced in the forest, who saw?

I scrubbed the toilet bowl and the stained sink
and a monkey danced in the forest, who saw?

I whispered I love you and it was lost in our bed sheets
and a cobra danced in the forest, who saw?

I made you coffee with sugar and a dollop of cream
and an elephant danced in the forest, who saw?

I walked down the forest trail and never came back,
who saw?

I took my clothes off and danced naked in the forest,
who saw?


5 comments: