Sunday, April 12, 2020

Day 12 #napowrimo - day 6 #the100dayproject - Triolets


Today's prompt at #napowrimo was to write a triolet which follows a tight rhyme scheme and allows only eight lines. And I couldn't resist fitting with the theme by writing three!

To Trump Our Silence

The mask is our silence–
we hide our fear behind cloth & paper
or swallow our words of resistance.
The mask is our silence,
our excuse for our negligence
as we let him turn from fool to dictator.
The mask is our silence –
we hide behind cloth & paper.

Elegy

We wrapped your body in white–
the shade of clouds and grief–
washed you clean of death’s night.
We wrapped your body in white,
gathered rose petals, reds & pinks, so you might
use them to light your way, however brief.
We wrapped your body in white,
the shade of clouds, the color of our grief.

Factorial

I can be manufactured, duplicated
like the cells of a spreadsheet–
whatever is created can be deleted.
I can be manufactured, duplicated,
my body a landscape of code replicated–
yet lift my ribcage and find my human meat.
I may be manufactured, duplicated,
but my cells more expansive that a spreadsheet.



3 comments:

  1. I liked them all. :-) especially the elegy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you did three triolets. These flow so well together. Really powerful images and so resonant of what the world is experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the depth and sensitivity in all the poems

    ReplyDelete