Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Poem: The Things I Would do Instead #the100dayproject Day 44

The Things I Would do Instead

I need to adjust my tire pressure, 
check my oil, clean my rubber mats, 
and find out where that strange smell 
is coming from in my car. 

I need to work in my yard, 
dig up the weeds, 
plant vegetables, 
and rake debris. 

I need to do the dishes, 
sweep the floor, 
dust the window sills, 
and vacuum the dining room rugs. 

But I want to pour some wine, 
swish it in my glass and let it stain 
my lips as if I wore make up 
like a real woman. 

I want to sit side outside 
and watch the sun go down 
until the insects fly close 
and buzz in my ear. 

I want to lay my head in your lap
and tell you everything 
I want to say. 

need to sleep beside you with our window open 
as the rain thunders down around us, 
our bodies together on an island of noise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment