Thursday, May 9, 2019

Poem: Alone & in Love #the100dayproject Day 38...62 more to go

Alone & in Love 

These days dig in their heels, refuse, 
stubborn their teeth, drag themselves 
These days are sand bags tied 
to my arms, legs, and torso. 
I cannot get up off the couch. 
The house stills itself without you 
every noise becomes an intruder 
broken glass a door unlocked at night. 
These sheets and blankets tangle 
around me like thick rope 
to tie me up or hang me from the ceiling. 
This quiet house is solitary confinement 
without your voice to silence my soul 
to stop my nail-biting hands 
to heal my tender cuticles, 
my nervous body needs your body, 
I want you here so I can remember 
how your warmth lets my body settle 
into yours like a nesting bowl, 
how your hands gather mine  
to touch and kiss them, 
how your lips mend my body whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment