Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Poem: Mourning #the100dayproject Day 30...70 more to go

Today I took inspiration and prompt from Writer's Digest day 1 Poetry-a-Day challenge that Robert Lee Brewer does every year for poetry month. I'll be using the Digest's prompts for the next 30 days until I run out so I can keep up my #the100dayproject . Right now I'm on day 30 with 70 more days to go.


Mourning 

There are mornings when your body is a hot coal 
wrapped against mine, baking my skin in a soft sweat. 

Other mornings our feet and our hands only touch 
and rub together as cricket legs make music. 

And then there are mornings where we don’t touch at all, 
back to back, the space between us filled with what ifs; 

the sound of our breath hollow, separate, dissonant. 





No comments:

Post a Comment