Sunday, May 31, 2020

Day 50 through 55 of #the100dayproject

Hello all!

I've been working hard on many revisions and then submitting them to a couple call for submissions and contests. As I wrote in my last post, I am using days 50 through 60 to take time and revise poems everyday that are either from the last 50 days of #the100dayproject or older poems that I have been working on. So far I was able to submit a group of poems to Granta by the 26th; I submitted my trio of poems "Eating Practices". Also, I just submitted to the International Bridport Prize in poetry. I submitted "Manifest Destiny, East" & "Aperture" to the Bridport Prize.

Back on 4/15, I submitted to the Ohio Review's poetry contest and will be waiting to hear back from them still for sometime. Around the same time, I submitted to the Kay Snow Poetry Contest held through Willamette Writers.

The oldest submission I'm waiting on is from Rattle Magazine. I expect a long wait from Rattle, well, because they're Rattle...I submitted "Janitoress" back on 1/25/2020 and I am still waiting to hear back from them.

From day 55 through 60, I will continue my path of revision and then begin writing a poem a day starting day 61.

No comments:

Post a Comment