Monday, June 15, 2020

Day 55 through 60 of #the100dayproject

Hello!

Days 50 through 55 were spend on revision between May 26th and June 1st and days 55 through 60 were spent also on revising my poem Racism 2.0. Because of the murder of George Floyd, I decided to stop posting for sometime and give social media a break from writing and instead be more active on the protests on Twitter and to work on writing in my journal about my own privilege and grapple with my own ignorant behavior and racism. If we want to see change in this world, we can only look towards ourselves and see our own problems as something that can be changed, evolved. I am not a bad person, no. Can I improve and learn so I can be better? Yes. The last couple of weeks have been meant to take a breath, read, listen, and oftentimes, cry. I am picking up where I left off at day 61 which should have been on 6/7/2020, but my Day 61 is now 6/15/202. This means I will not complete my 100 day project until 7/25/2020. I'm glad I took this time to sit back and listen. It doesn't mean I didn't write everyday, but I wrote with no intention to make poetry. I wrote with the intention to evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment