Friday, June 19, 2020

Day 65 of #the100dayproject - Existentialist


Existentialist

Anger is the taste of coffee without
sugar or milk to sweeten it up.
I want a little bitterness in my body;
the taste of caffeine straight up,
keep me lucid for argument’s sake.
I want the edge in my voice to stay
awhile, put up its tired feet and sip
that dark black brew. I want to flex
and sharpen my claws; a window
is a window is a window into my soul;
window being a different kind of
mirror to see the person reflected
behind me to view into them, reaching
for the blunt object to rid me
from this earth. Or it is me reflected
back. It couldn’t be me. It couldn’t
be my eyes or mouth curled in violence.
And yet, it is. I can hardly recognize myself;
my form like iodine in a clear glass of water,
the stain of coffee on a white carpet,
I have become the streak of bitter glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment