Monday, May 25, 2020

Day 48 & 49 #the100dayproject - Revisions - Eating Practices

Hello all! I've been taking the last two days to revise a series of three poems called Eating Practices in time for my first submittal to Granta. It's a long shot, but wish me luck. I will be looking for other journals and lit mags for my poem trio and my friend and fellow poet Kathy S. is also on the look out.

Day 50 through 60 will be focused on revision for pems that I have previously written. Revision is more than one aspect of the writing practice. A poem rarely is written perfectly. 99.9% of the time, poems take years to revise. Poetry is a artistic form that is dependent on time. Poems written 5 years, 10, years, 20 years ago finally make sense or come together based off of what we, as poets, experience.

Poems change with us. Only when they are ready, will they reveal themselves to us.

Eating practices has been more than a year in the making and has finally come together. Even with this first submission, it is possible that I will review the poems again and again and find new meanings and new ways to convey what I'm trying to say. Until then, I will be brave and send them out into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment