Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Catch up Post: Day 15 NaPoWriMo

I'm playing catch up. Even though I hand wrote all of these poems the day of, over the weekend I didn't have a laptop to transfer them to my blog.

Here's my poem of in between for day 15 of NaPoWriMo.

Green Card

after we wrote with black ink
on each form
wrote out the check
notarized prints and copies
gathered leaves and leaves
of paper, bound them
together
after we packaged
and sent them
we waited
between uncertainty and doubt
between yes or no
between after and before
waited with our maybes
our fear and hope
prepared ourselves
to help with the waiting
busied ourselves
to pretend we did not wait
prepared ourselves
for giving up
prepared ourselves as if
our bodies both teetered
on the edge
of a canyon
we waited days and months
in the after and before
for status
authorization
for a stamp of approval
for a card
not green
but with a barcode
with your face
your name
your new
beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment