Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Saveur Magazine has saved my life


I enjoy cooking and I love garlic. I put it in spaghetti and bread. I've made flat bread with garlic butter and goat cheese. Yum! I put it in chicken noodle soup and stews. I use garlic in everything. However, peeling garlic is another matter. The paper-like outer layer manages to make a mess a mile wide and then peeling every layer of each clove takes forever. But Saveur Magazine has saved my life! Yes, they posted a video in September called "How to Peel a Head of Garlic in Less Than Ten Seconds." I watched it and I used the technique while making a vegetable dish, similar to ratatouille, that needs lots of garlic. It works! I recommend everyone to try it at least once. Not only does it save time but it can release some pent up stress, too.