Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Painting


I've got white Dutch Boy paint all over my knees and on my pants because of my DIY project. I'm making a book case out of two drawers, one large and one small. I bought the drawers and two wooden slats for $12 at The ReBuilding Center on Mississippi Avenue in Portland. The large one will be the base and the small one I will place on top. The large drawer needs one more coat of semi-gloss and then I'll be finished with the white paint. I need to start figuring out what design I want to do. I don't want my book case to be just plain white. I want to add some color. Something that will pop. I'm thinking red polka dots or stripes. Maybe concentric circles? Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Once I finish the whole project, I will post the before and after photos. I'm impatient to get it done because I have a lot of books that need a shelf to call home...

In the meantime, do you have any ideas or suggestions? If you're bursting to tell me I'm making a mistake with the red, I'll hear you out. If you think polka dots are so last year, what are your thoughts? Like always, I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment