Friday, April 2, 2021

Poetry is a collaborative effort!

 Hello all!

It's day two of NaPoWriMo and I've already written two poems. It's always so great to write with a community of writers. It's inspiring and helps all of us to stay on task and show up for our writing and ourselves. 

Writing with others in workshops, virtual or in person, can push us beyond our own boundaries and make us better writers. My own writing has benefited from a friendship with my fellow poet Kathy Szpekman. We have written and critiqued our writing since 2015. My writing never would have made it this far without her. And she is writing this NaPoWriMo on her blog hot coffee and warm laundry

You can follow her poems and mine this month of April as we both respond and write to the inspiring prompts on the NaPoWriMo website. Join us in our community of writing as we discover more of ourselves and our world.

With love and poetry,

Britt

2 comments:

  1. My dearest Britt! Thanks for the shout out. I am so grateful for our friendship and poetry. I too have grown with your feedback and wisdom. Hell, your support is what gets my ass in the chair many days. I am so excited to read your NaPoWriMo poems and all of those in this wonderful community.

    Love, Poetry, and don't forget the hot coffee and warm laundry
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete