Saturday, April 21, 2018

Day 20 NaPoWriMo: The Location Rebel

I followed the prompt and went with breaking out of a habit. I always insist on writing new material at cafes or libraries or anywhere else, but home...


The Location Rebel

I write on a hotel complimentary breakfast table
And in a loud café and tune everything out.
I write outside in the spring and summer
and in my tent just as dawn moves the horizon.
I write in the local library with the smell of books.
But I don’t write at home in my office room,
I don’t pull up a chair and sit my notebook
on my desk, I don’t wake up at 5 in the morning
and stumble into my room before anything else.
But for this poem, I wrote in my room and
listened to the occasional car swish by
and realized how the sun slants through
the windows onto my bookshelves;
I could stay in here and write forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment