Friday, July 31, 2020

Day 76 of #the100dayproject - Praise

Praise


I praise your tired palms
the underbelly of your joints.
I praise the curls of your hair
their tangles like a black crown.
I praise your chest where I rest
my head to feel your heartbeat
against my cheek. I praise your
belly where all the sounds of you,
that constant labor, the beautiful shape 
over and around the smoothness of you.
I praise you with my body, my hands
idolizing the rituals of your limbs,
the slopes of your neck. I praise you
with my lips, each kiss a type of incense
the gentle touch of smoke and prayer.
I praise you with my ears, the sounds of
your voice erupting in laughter and ecstasy.
I praise you as you move through this world,
I praise you as a dream alive. I watch you 
with my eyes, your golden form. How you are mine,
how I am yours is the serendipity of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment