Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Poem: Reciprocity #the100dayproject Day 99

Today is day 99, tomorrow is the final day of #the100dayproject. This is my 99th poem in the last 99 days. It's been very interesting. Below you'll find a twisted conversation between a poem and myself.

Reciprocity 

Poem asks, “Would you like some wine, whiskey or bourbon? 

I say, “I have roots that grow into places you haunt.” 

Poem says, “Come in and try the brie and crackers. Each bite 
is a word, a consumption; food changes you. 
And in your different skin, I will cut your hair for you, 
dye it lemon yellow. You’ll blend in with the butter. 
I candied violets to put behind your ear. 

I say, “You speak like a confection; an edible purpose. 
To letting go, like pitted olives, the oval and hole. 
Words better fit to be touched to the lips. 

Poem says, “Your heart has four chambers, each one 
decorated to a theme you’ve lived by for years. 
Change is not your forte. Some cultures consider it a dessert, 
whereas some drink it as an ocean.  
Whereas you consider it bitter like a walnut,  
that gets sweeter the longer you keep it on your tongue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment