Sunday, March 31, 2019

NaPoWriMo 2019

Hey all!

I'm back from last year and ready for the National Poetry Writing Month challenge. I'll be writing at least one poem a day and posting it on this blog site. I typically use the poetry writing prompts posted on napowrimo.net, but there are so many other websites out there that celebrate poetry month by posting poems and prompts throughout the month, that I may change it up.

I have been celebrating April poetry month this way for the last four years and it is one of my favorite months of the year. I hope that you can write and read poetry with me! Feel free to share your poems, blogs, or current reading material.

Last but not least, I want to give a shout out to my fellow poet Kathy Szpekman for having her first publication! The Red Eft Review website published her poem "The quince bush" today. You can use the link to read her poem and check out some of the other great things that The Red Eft Review is publishing.

April writing and reading goals:

Write one poem a day and post to blogger
Share my blog most with napowrimo.net
I will also read the following 5 poetry books that have been waiting for my attention:

Bluets by Maggie Nelson
Deaf Republic by Ilya Kaminsky
Nature Poem by Tommy Pico
If they come for us by Fatimah Ashghar
Coolth by Hajara Quinn

Most important goal: Have fun!!!




3 comments:

  1. Thank you Brittany for the shout out! And thank you Corey Cook at Red Eft Review! I am thrilled to have my piece published in your journal. Brittany, you always inspire me to write. Looking forward to reading lots of great poetry in the weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites! brittany tilleman

    ReplyDelete